Saturday, November 10, 2007

advice needed!

"better late than never."
or so the saying goes.

chinese new year is coming up! i get about 10 days off, which means it's absolutely necessary for me to take a trip. they don't give us many vacations here, and it's difficult to get out of taiwan for very long. so i need all you to give me some advice on where i should go.

if it were you, where would you go? here are my options. what do you think?
1. bangkok (or phuket), thailand

2. tokyo, japan

3. sydney, australia

4. dehli, india

5. seoul, south korea


i've decided against china and the philippines, because i can go to these places rather cheaply over a long weekend.

i don't have a great deal of interest in malaysia, cambodia, or vietnam, though i'm willing to entertain the possibilities. and i've already been to indonesia.

so if it were you, what would it be?

6 comments:

Ed said...

I'm biased towards Japan, and i think that you'd enjoy it. but I also cast a vote for India.. i've just heard awesome things about it, and there are sooo many great classic stories written about India! why miss out?

KP said...

GO TO INDIA.

It's pretty much amazing. And I loved loved loved it while I was there. However, I'd suggest Mumbai (bombay) if you could swing it... it's much more interesting. And less westernized (compared to Dehli). I have a friend in Tokyo, you could look her up if you wanted, australia is always fun but not as much culturally I think... it's just expensive to get to from the US so if it's cheap from Taiwan than I'd go there. Jessica kim (I dont know if you know her) lives in Pusan, south korea and goes up to Seoul every so often because she has family there...

any of those places, Joy, would be so awesome. Good luck deciding!

Kirsten said...

i would for sure go with india if i were you, because it would be the newest and most different culture (the others are asian or english-speaking, ya?). second choice is korea. but i have personally always wanted to go to vietnam for some reason, so maybe i would go there.

-Aaron- said...

i vote for India as well.

nichole said...

dont go to delhi if you are going to india. i speak with and have met my share of people from delhi and even they dont like it much. india has a lot to offer so check out some other places. also check on the weather if you decide to go because its pretty brutal. I think I would go to Thailand or Korea. japan is better with a travel companion, but if this is your only opportunity to go, then go. skip australia. you can always do that on another trip. most importantly have a great time!

Styx said...

I vote for India, because of its spirituality a different approach, because of its anti materialism and ways of thinking. If you get a chance maybe travel to Nepal, that is close to heavens