Thursday, February 28, 2008

i hadn't considered this

"and then where will you be?"
or so i've heard it said.

joy is a person who panics a little more about going home with each passing day. she's afraid of how fast the next 3 months will go, when 9 felt like nothing.

oh no, i hadn't thought of this.

to do:
work
save money
plan my trip
get my visas
save money
plan my trip
reduce my life to 2 suitcases
send said suitcases home
plan my trip
buy tickets
panic a little
say goodbye to chris/train someone new
panic a little more
finish my contract
move out
traipse through asia
return to the u.s.a.
and the scariest...
????????????


i have dreams every so often. weird dreams. dreams that i went home and said nothing to anybody. i just left. dreams that i went home with hopes of backpacking this summer, because it makes so much sense to return to the states then fly to hong kong and traipse and then go back again. and dreams that i never follow through, which i really regret, because i never got around to seeing that part of the world when i had the chance.

i guess this is going to be more work than i expected.

No comments: