Wednesday, March 18, 2009

this is spartaaa! no, really, where the f*** is sparta?

with this whole moving and traveling abroad these last few months, i have completely lost track of a few of my possessions. not my mouse ring, thank goodness, but obnoxious, random, and obnoxiously random things i just can't seem to locate. i think half the problem, however, is that i'm not sure which items are here with me and which ones i left in the flat in prague.

among the things that have been driving me mad are:
-my fisherman's pants from bangkok. they're hideous for anything beyond the beach, midnight snacks, lounging, or hangovers, but i think we've established that i grow attached to things i find during my travels. i've torn my closet apart, too. twice.
-my navel piercing. this has almost nothing to do with the object itself, but with the fact that i can't find it. i've looked everywhere i would put it, and while i've managed to uncover every possible button to every article of clothing i've ever owned, the ring is nowhere to be found.
-my diary. yes, that is never a good sign, but i'm mostly sure that it's in prague. it has crossed my mind that perhaps i decided to get clever about it and put it under a mattress or in my closet somewhere, but thus far, my searching has been in vain. and, my room's not that big.
-my spare-slash-ugly glasses, not to be confused with the fashionable, expensive ones that make me look more intelligent than i really am. i don't wear my good glasses while lying in bed watching a movie, though, so i'd love to know where the back-ups are. i'm also guessing that they're in prague. another grand leap of faith there.
-my 300 dvd that chad gave me for my 22nd birthday. it's not expensive or anything, but i do love that movie and chances are that my friends in prague would love it too. i've become an unofficial provider of movies... of sorts. given that it didn't cost me anything, it doesn't matter too much that i can't find it. except that i can't believe it's eluding me.

why is any of this so hard to find?


unrelatedly, today was 85 and sunny. i'm really going to miss california.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

California is going to miss you too, well maybe not the state but I sure will even though we haven't seen each other much while you were here. :(